If you use RefWorks for the first time, please create an account in New RefWorks and use it.
If you have an account of Legacy RefWorks, please migrate your data to New RefWorks.
*Please use New RefWorks after migrating your data, even though you can still login Legacy Refworks. And do not choose Legacy RefWorks in importing bibliographic data.
*Legacy RefWorks is also available for the time being. When it is no longer available, we'll let you know here in advance.
RefWorks enables you to build a personal bibliographic database by importing records from WINE and various databases. When writing a paper or report, you can use the records you have registered in RefWorks to automatically create a reference list in various formats. It is web-based service, so you can access it from home or anywhere else without installing any special software.
New RefWorks is much easier to use and evolves with new features that are not included in Legacy RefWorks.
1. Improvements to the interface
2. Importing text and bibliography by dragging and dropping PDF files
3. Flexible record management with tags
4. Smooth record editing
5. Unlimited data storage etc.
For more information, click here (in Japanese only).
RefWorks is available to;
・Waseda University Students and Faculty and Staff (including Part-time Lecturers and Researchers) who are currently enrolled and have a Waseda email address (Not available for Students from Affiliated Schools and Art and Architecture School).
・Students who graduated or transferred from Waseda University.
・Faculty and Staff who retired or transferred from Waseda University.
①If you have an account of Legacy RefWorks, please migrate your data to New RefWorks and use it.
②If you use RefWorks for the first time, please create an account in New RefWorks and use it.【Creating a new account is only possible for those who are currently enrolled.】
How to migrate your account [PDF] (in Japanese only)
1. Access Legacy RefWorks and log in to it and click on the link [Upgrade to the latest RefWorks version!]
2. Enter your Legacy RefWorks account email address and password and click [Sign Up].
3. Fill out the form (First name, Last name, Role) and click [Next].
⇒The tutorial will be displayed and the migration will begin.
*If you have multiple RefWorks accounts, please combine them into one when you migrate to New RefWorks. Click here for details (in Japanese only).
*When you create your RefWorks account, you need to do at a computer connected to the University network (a PC installed in the university or a personal PC connected to the Wi-Fi"Waseda-wpa2"). If you create an account from off-campus, please log in to Off-Campus Access and do so in the following way.
1. Access New RefWorks and click [Create account].
2. Enter your Waseda email address and click [Check].
3. Enter the password you want to use for your New RefWorks account and click [Sign Up]. *The password must be at least 6 alphanumeric characters.
*You can log in to RefWorks from your home or an off-campus site after you once create your own account.
RefWorks User Guide [SUNMEDIA]
RefWorks Video Manuals [SUNMEDIA]
Waseda University Library